November 19, 2019

AliciaDestiny's Tipps & Tricks for new Rivals Players

AliciaDestiny is the most successful Rivals player. We interviewed here already on this blog (see here). In this article, we compile some of her advice for new Rivals players who want to get better at the game. The advice comes from AliciaDestiny's Reddit posts and is published here with her consent. Make sure to follow her on YouTube and Twitch.

AliciaDestiny and her famous tank micro

Watch the replays of good players. Watching C&C TV replays won't do anything as the criteria for making there just depends on whether or not the game was close. I would suggest to watch gameplay and streams from the best of the best and study what they do that you do not do and adapt it into your play.

Improve your micro. Anyone's unit micro management skills can use a boost. Even I don't have perfect micro management all the time. Always retreat your units that are in unfavorable matchups and make sure to get 2v1 or 3v1 scenarios as it'll minimize damage taken on your units. That's why you see my using tricks like the "tank shotgun" which I stack 3 predator/scorpion tanks together and have them move into enemy territory.

Spend your diamonds efficiently. The #1 best way to spend diamonds is Rivals Champions premium run while also going 15-0 in it. Unfortunately, this is no easy feat and only a handful of people can do it consistently. Typically, the "premium rewards" in the limited time events are the best value. The crate event is the best as long as you can do reasonably well as it gives you a huge spread of everything. The resource challenge is great due to the cloning labs and I'd recommend that if you want to just level up 1 specific unit.

[Note from the editor: Here's a full article about upgrading your Rivals units quickly, incl. efficient spending of Diamonds]

Don't play the game in a pissed off mood. I see many people do this (and even myself). When we're angry we usually make superficial moves based upon emotion and not based around any tactics or strategy. It's fine because we all get angry (I'd be lying if I said I didn't). The game can be frustrating to play at times so take a small break and come back later.

Watch your own replays. So many people ask me to watch their replays for me to tell them what they did wrong. Quite honestly... to me... they're extremely painful to watch. First of all, no one is perfect and you don't need to be a brain surgeon to spot out what you did wrong. One example I can give is I always spot that many people leave their units idle. Never leave your units idle if there are battles going on all across the map... especially Raider units!!

Drink a caffeinated beverage. I always play better with more energy in me. I always feel like I'm just naturally better at everything and I'm sure most people are the same way. If you're tired, don't play the game? You know common sense isn't common sense to everyone. If you've watched your own replays and couldn't improve that way then watch high ranked streamers. You need to see what they are doing differently than you are and try to make sense of it. Most streamers here will talk to you if you talk to them in the twitch chat so don't be afraid to ask questions. I recommend watching a streamer who is very consistent with a 90%+ winrate so you can analyse how they play.

Join an alliance if you aren't in one. You may ask how does this make me play better? well it doesn't, but it gives you good vibes as it gives you the sense that you're not alone and fighting for a separate cause, the guild rankings! Also, donating and requesting cards can really help you level up certain cards. I got my level 15 predator tanks purely due to requesting them in my guild for 3 months straight every day.

Beyond these tips from AliciaDestiny, here's some recommended beginner content on this blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment